Quantity: 1 available
TRINITY COLLEGE SCHOOL, PORT HOPE. Calendar of Trinity College School, Port Hope, for the Year of Our Lord 1885-6. Toronto: Printed for the School. 1885. (Toronto: Rowsell and Hutchison, Printers King Street) Octavo. Pamphlet with front wrapper still present, wrapper is printed on light pink paper, edges of wrapper tattered and torn, lacks rear wrapper, page edges tattered and dog-eared, some dog-ears torn away, 5cm tear into p23 with no loss, light browning of pages. Woodcut of school at frontispiece, Pagination: frontispiece, (1) title, (1) printer, (7) calendar, (1) blank, -36pp. OCLC lists microform copies only. "The School was first established in the village of Weston, near Toronto, and was opened on the first of May 1865, under the Head-mastership of the Rev. C.H. Badgley, M.A. During the summer of 1868, the School was removed to Port Hope. In January, 1872, the first portion of the new buildings was completed and occupied. The School premises now consist of over twenty acres of land, affording ample space for large Cricket and Foot-ball grounds, situated on high land outside the town of Port Hope. The large and handsome building, including a beautiful Chapel, presents a south front of about three hundred feet in length, and a west front of eighty feet; it is capable of containing a School of upwards of 150 boys. A Drill-shed and Gymnasium have also been erected in the rear of the building."--p..